Music is my life ..I love my job .. Fred Locks,Johnny Clarke,


Yesterday  was perfect .  All the stars were aligned and everything went beautifully. Vocal practice ,studio , Band rehearsal with Fred Locks ,Wild life ,Bongo Herman and meeting Johnny Clarke
My morning  was spent  wrapped up  in singing Never Give up my Faith by Fred locks .  What a beautiful song!  Fred Locks is a true melody man and a son of the Most High.
That's the song I  finally decided  to do at the Fred Locks Celebration on Saturday June 6th. It resonates well with me especially at this time.

Noon time arrived , the sky look treacherous ,hurried to studio did some harmony works .a new track for Sizzla and a new artiste . 2 wonderful songs so bad of me I don't remember the names. Too much on my brain at this time

 Finished in time for Band rehearsal

Here comes  the showers of blessings ! Its always marvels me how the sun can be shining bright on one  half of the sky while the rain in pouring down on the other. 

Fred Locks at band rehearsals
Picked up my up front (no background thing) singers Ramon and Sashawna Got to rehearsals a bit late . Black Starliner Express  Band was kicking it ,Fred locks rocking to the sounds of  Wild life  singing Ganja Yard. It got even sweeter when he sang  Fred Lock's Love and Honour,. Massive Rendition!
The brethren a sing the song like a him sing it originally and not Fred Locks .. I am so looking forward to the show.

Right built up for my rehearsal. You don't have to worry much when you working with musicians like Computer Paul, Wrong Move , Twinny and Larry. We flowed sweetly through Never Give up the Faith. Doing it live is  different from when you practicing to the record ..I am singing the higher octave to the original. The key higher than  the other songs I am singing  but no worries  I like the challenge. its a bout time,I start using my full range again . I feel even nicer when I got the stamp of approval from Fred Locks who suggest I should cover it .. We clear the little bump on the road with Bless Jah Holy Name and pure niceness on  African Woman. The seers and Bongo Herman rehearsed after .

MEETING JOHNNY CLARKE
 Rehearsals wrapped up nicely, off to Half Way Tree to get some food ,in walked this elderly Rasta Man you could easily mistook for the regular folks on the street . He was  veteran reggae artiste Johnny Clarke singer of massive reggae hits such as Rude Bwoy,Move out a babylon and more Oblivious to the patrons. this was a man who draw some of the biggest crowds in Europe and other countries . A man who's song Rude bwoy  has over a million views on youtube. 

Wild life greeted him . After he ordered, he came over sat down we start talking.As the divine would have it, Micheal Burke an old school friend of Johnny Clarke walked in and joined us. The two had not seen each other in ages. There was lot of jiving between the two. This was one of the most uncanny picture moment.Here sitting with us was the rastaman and the catholic missionary, who took us on  45 years journey back to their boyhood days at Jamaica College.
 Mr Burke is quite a character . The man have a photographic memory ,he  remembered date, time, place, name of every students from way back then. I went to  JC, cadet practice toYallahs, to Buff bay,to Ocho Rios  in that  almost 2 hour conversation I learned more about Mr Clarke than I could ever capture in his songs.I learnt humility hand simplicity and the how important it is to have a good disposition and outlook on life .  .I also learnt about Aspers Syndrome courtesy of Mr Burke
. It was good to be around people whose hearts was just full of love. 




I invited them both the come to Fred locks celebration on June 6th.


As usual I am the one taking the pictures so I am usually not in them.That will change soon. Out of respect I didn't take much pictures especially of  Mr Burke.

You rarely find artistes like Johnny Clarke and Fred locks anymore. whose music was a mission  people who are givers. No air, No hype . Persons who understand the beauty of enjoying every moment that life present. 
What I got was realness. real wisdom lies in humility


Comments